International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Community

Community

Language & Culture Visit to the 2521 (스물다섯 스물하나) filming location in Jeonju

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Hazel
댓글 0 Comments 조회 2,181 Views 작성일 23-03-19 15:08

본문

Hello everyone!

For this community post, I would like to share my experience of visiting one of the filming locations for the Korean drama, "Twenty Five, Twenty One". This drama revolves around the coming-of-age story of the protagonists headed by Na Hee-Do, played by actress Kim Tae-Ri. My teenage son recommended this drama and I believe that it may be because he identified with some of the challenges that young teens face in their life journey thus far. 2521 dealt with issues that navigated school, family relations, and other relationships (without overly emphasizing romantic relationships). I started watching Korean dramas during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, and I believe that along with many others, being immersed in these stories helped me cope with personal anxieties of living in such precarious and uncertain times. I am attaching a photo that was taken in the house of Na Hee-Do, a significant location in the story where she was able to deal with her relationship with her first love (Baek Yi-Jin), her mother (Shin Jae-Kyung), and eventually her daughter (Kim Min-Chae). As a cultural geographer, I am particularly interested in how these locations are sites for varying emotional geographies and are central to the development of the characters and the storyline as a whole. 

That's it for now! Do you have any KDrama recommendations? Thank you in advance! 

P.S. 2521 is available to watch on Netflix, if you're interested!

댓글목록

There are no registered comments.