International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Community

Community

Health & Wellness My First Spring

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Jess
댓글 0 Comments 조회 1,961 Views 작성일 23-03-30 15:55

본문

O white or pinkish explosion

Of nature’s delight,

Unveil the dormant emotion

Within our hearts filled with light.

Last winter was my very first experience of such season. At first, it was beautiful, but I then understood why Japanese people have this personification of winter as a lady named “Yuki-Onna” which is both beautiful and deadly—winter can be harsh sometimes! And so, I longed for sunny days again, especially those warm afternoons that I used to take for granted in my country, the Philippines.

Nevertheless, I did a lot of things during the winter. But now, as spring arrives, I find some of the things that I done, bloom, like my paper being presented in a research forum and winning a prize. It is my first spring also. And I really waited for it, not only because of the aforementioned, but also because of the numerous beautiful stories linked to it like “5 Centimeters Per Second”, “Your Lie in April”, “I Want to Eat Your Pancreas”, and Yorushika’s “Spring Thief” to name a few. And I was not disappointed. I really like such colorful blossoms, the busy bees flitting around them, and the blue vibrant skies—all bursting forth life that fell asleep in Winter’s embrace. Indeed, if winter is falling asleep, what a way to wake up!

In any case, I think I know now why so many love stories features spring, particularly cherry blossoms, as their background: it is simply beautiful and can reflect that there is always a new start awaiting, a new beginning, regardless or even because of the past.

And like everything beautiful, blossoms can be ephemeral, so let us enjoy and appreciate them.

댓글목록

There are no registered comments.