International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Community

Community

Food & Drink CHUNCHEON CHICKEN DAKGALBI

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Frances Akudo M…
댓글 0 Comments 조회 3,693 Views 작성일 21-10-10 23:46

본문

Chuncheon is a city under the Gangwon-do province. Before arriving Korea my husband already told me about some Korean dishes and he made mention of this popular Korean dish called chicken dakgalbi, he also told me that chuncheon is known for this dish.
So I did a little research about this dish when I arrived. I noticed it is also called spicy stir-fried chicken. Also it is made by stir-frying marinated diced  chicken in a gochujang-based sauce with sweet potatoes, cabbage, pereilla leaves, scallions, and tteok(rice cake) spicy chili paste, chili flakes, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and onions. So I was eager to eat this delicious delicacy.

Furthermore,when my husband arrived Korea, we decided to have this dish as our dinner one of the evenings. So we took a scroll to the Dak-galbi street around Meyongdon in chuncheon. As that area has lots of Dakgalbi restaurants, we walked into on of the restaurants.

Finally we took our order, and it cost about ₩12,000 per person. So the server brought all the ingredients and cooked the dish in a skillet. After about 20 minutes of stirring we began to eating. So my husband taught me how to eat the chicken dakgalbi with the leaves this made the meal sumptuous. This is my best Korean dish so far.

Thank you.

댓글목록

There are no registered comments.