International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

Chuncheon Samaksan Mountain Lake Cable Car

I have visited several tourist attractions in South Korea and have tried several cable cars, one of the most memorable is the Samaksan Cable Car. Samaksan Mountain is located 655 m above sea level. Uniquely shaped rocks and lush trees create a picturesque scenery. Lake Uiam at the heart of the city is the highlight of the vista. This area is visited by 100,000 tourists every year. But the mountain is too steep, ridden with tough obstacles for children and the elderly to climb. A cable car takes off.

Chuncheon Samaksan Mountain Lake Cable Car, a cable car connecting Lake Uiam and Samaksan Mountain in Chuncheon, is the longest in Korea, measuring 3.6 km. It crosses Uiamho Lake from the boarding area in Chuncheon and travels for 3.6 km before nearing the summit of the mountain at an altitude of 440 m. It crosses over the serene lake. The spotted construction site off in the distance is the Lego Land theme park.

There are two kinds of cable car, the first is the cable car made entirely of glass, except for the ceiling and the second is a cable car whose floor is not glass. The first time I went there was in the fall of last year with a very beautiful autumn view. Then in winter I visited the Samaksan Cable Car again with views of the frozen river and snow cover that was no less beautiful.

There is a sight that impresses me, the Bungeoseom solar power complex. From inside the cable car, I saw an island filled with solar panels. The Samaksan cable car can be a good choice for family trips as well as introduce children about renewable energy.

In just 18 minutes after departure, the cable car arrived at its destination on the slope of Samaksan Mountain. From here, tourists can take in the panoramic view of the Bukhangang River and downtown Chuncheon.

Each tram is large enough to carry eight passengers. But because of the pandemic, only four passengers are permitted to ride in a single tram. The round-trip fare is between 23,000-28,000 won per person for adults. This cable car was built on private investment. But, ten percent of business revenues will be returned to the local community.

Recorded by Putri

28 May 2022

Script

I have visited several tourist attractions in South Korea and have tried several cable cars, one of the most memorable is the Samaksan Cable Car. Samaksan Mountain is located 655 m above sea level. Uniquely shaped rocks and lush trees create a picturesque scenery. Lake Uiam at the heart of the city is the highlight of the vista. This area is visited by 100,000 tourists every year. But the mountain is too steep, ridden with tough obstacles for children and the elderly to climb. A cable car takes off. Chuncheon Samaksan Mountain Lake Cable Car, a cable car connecting Lake Uiam and Samaksan Mountain in Chuncheon, is the longest in Korea, measuring 3.6 km. It crosses Uiamho Lake from the boarding area in Chuncheon and travels for 3.6 km before nearing the summit of the mountain at an altitude of 440 m. It crosses over the serene lake. The spotted construction site off in the distance is the Lego Land theme park. There are two kinds of cable car, the first is the cable car made entirely of glass, except for the ceiling and the second is a cable car whose floor is not glass. The first time I went there was in the fall of last year with a very beautiful autumn view. Then in winter I visited the Samaksan Cable Car again with views of the frozen river and snow cover that was no less beautiful. There is a sight that impresses me, the Bungeoseom solar power complex. From inside the cable car, I saw an island filled with solar panels. The Samaksan cable car can be a good choice for family trips as well as introduce children about renewable energy. In just 18 minutes after departure, the cable car arrived at its destination on the slope of Samaksan Mountain. From here, tourists can take in the panoramic view of the Bukhangang River and downtown Chuncheon. Each tram is large enough to carry eight passengers. But because of the pandemic, only four passengers are permitted to ride in a single tram. The round-trip fare is between 23,000-28,000 won per person for adults. This cable car was built on private investment. But, ten percent of business revenues will be returned to the local community.

첨부파일

Total 83 cases, page 3.

검색