International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

Art Amid Pandemic and Things We Share Across Time and Space

Hi there. Hello. This is Jess, a graduate student from the Media and Communications Department. I would like to share to you things that has been ornamenting my mind lately.

These last few days, I’ve been walking and sitting around the part of the school near the mountain tops, and where the usually empty basketball courts and soccer fields are. It was there where I saw a little hole in the mountain side. It was sealed with bars of cold metal. And, looking at the signs beside it, I was informed that it used to be where ancient people lived. In fact, skeletons, hunting tools, and ornamental jars or vases were found there.

I remember, with these things, the story of the famous Lascaux cave, where, many years ago, teenagers found a cave with many paintings done by prehistoric humans on its ancient and long hidden walls. As what the author John Green pondered about this, life was hard back then (with death creeping in every corner. But these people still made them, what we can call art today.) It is nice to see that, even though today we are still in a pandemic, we nevertheless study and work and make beautiful things like art and try to live, like our ancestors. And drawing from another author also, G.K. Chesterton, we can see that regardless of what popular media shows us of our ancestors being with messy hairs or even being brutal people what we find when we see the remains or the things that reminds us of them, what we see are things that are not bad but in fact shows us the commonality or the things that we share like art and the perseverance amid hardness (hardship). (Apologizes for low oral communication skills and said farewell.)

Recorded by Jess Deytiquez

2022/09/30

Script

Hi there. Hello. This is Jess, a graduate student from the Media and Communications Department. I would like to share to you things that has been ornamenting my mind lately. These last few days, I’ve been walking and sitting around the part of the school near the mountain tops, and where the usually empty basketball courts and soccer fields are. It was there where I saw a little hole in the mountain side. It was sealed with bars of cold metal. And, looking at the signs beside it, I was informed that it used to be where ancient people lived. In fact, skeletons, hunting tools, and ornamental jars or vases were found there. I remember, with these things, the story of the famous Lascaux cave, where, many years ago, teenagers found a cave with many paintings done by prehistoric humans on its ancient and long hidden walls. As what the author John Green pondered about this, life was hard back then (with death creeping in every corner. But these people still made them, what we can call art today.) It is nice to see that, even though today we are still in a pandemic, we nevertheless study and work and make beautiful things like art and try to live, like our ancestors. And drawing from another author also, G.K. Chesterton, we can see that regardless of what popular media shows us of our ancestors being with messy hairs or even being brutal people what we find when we see the remains or the things that reminds us of them, what we see are things that are not bad but in fact shows us the commonality or the things that we share like art and the perseverance amid hardness (hardship). (Apologizes for low oral communication skills and said farewell.)

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 2.

검색