International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Community

Community

Language & Culture My first 사물놀이 (Samulnori) experience

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 renu12
댓글 0 Comments 조회 2,017 Views 작성일 23-03-30 16:00

본문

Hello everyone,

I had my first Samulnori experience, and I have to say, it was absolutely amazing! For those of you who don't know, Samulnori is a traditional Korean percussion music that originated in the rural areas of Korea. It is usually performed by a group of four musicians playing different types of instruments such as the janggu (hourglass-shaped drum) , buk (barrel drum), jing (large gong), and kkwaenggwari (small gong).

I was fortunate enough to attend a Samulnori performance near the sokcho lake , and I was blown away by the energy and rhythm of the music. The performers were so skilled and precise in their movements, and their passion for the music was evident in every beat.

One of the things that struck me most about the performance was the sense of community that it created. The audience was encouraged to participate in the performance by clapping and dancing along with the music. It was truly a group experience, and I felt connected to the performers and the other audience members in a way that I had never experienced before.

Another thing that I loved about Samulnori was the way that it incorporated elements of nature into the music. The rhythms and sounds of the instruments were inspired by the natural world, and the performers often incorporated movements that mimicked the movements of animals or the flow of water.

Overall, my first Samulnori experience was unforgettable, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in traditional music or experiencing different cultures. It was a beautiful celebration of Korean heritage and a wonderful reminder of the power of music to bring people together.

If you ever have the opportunity to attend a Samulnori performance, I would highly recommend it. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

댓글목록

There are no registered comments.