International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Community

Community

Food & Drink Tiramisu, Coffee, and Music: Yorushika in Seoul!

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Jessie
댓글 0 Comments 조회 80 Views 작성일 24-04-18 14:20

본문

I am a big lover of J-Pop, which is understandably kind of weird for some because I am studying in Korea. But I also like some Korean music, especially those by IU. Nevertheless, I went to Tokyo this month hoping I can use my “foreigner card” to buy tickets on the spot for a concert of a Japanese duo named “Yorushika” that I’ve been listen to since the pandemic. I really like their songs, especially the poeticism and stories within their lyrics, the melodies accompanying them, and Suis’ beautiful voice—plus the epic music videos of them in YouTube! They are also famous for not revealing their faces like several other Japanese musicians—which others, including a media history professor from Hawaii whom I met in a lecture before, see as a counter to the excessive emphasis on images/faces in the music industry nowadays. Paradoxically, their logo, which resembles an eye, have a pupil which is made up of two areas where two circles meet—probably indicating a meeting in between. Back to my recent trip and attempt, unfortunately, my “foreigner card” failed. I tried buying tickets online for their concerts for two times already (one for their year-end concert last year and the other one being this recent one) but usually they require Japanese phone number to register. In the end I just managed to get their pin badges and photographs as commemoration of me being so close, yet so far from them.

Shortly, after going back to Korea, I saw in a Facebook group for Yorushika fans that there is a café in Seoul that is collaborating with them. And so, the next Friday, which is the day for me to attend my regular lecture in Seoul also, I woke up earlier and tried finding such place before the lecture.

The atmosphere outside and inside of the place was quite refreshing! You can see the Yorushika logo everywhere, including your cup of coffee and the tiramisu! Their songs playing on the background, fellow fans filling the seats inside and outside while writing their letters to them amid a sunny spring day, and the sight of Yorushika’s albums with their signatures all make a delightful experience even though it was not really their concert! Of course, I have a theory that this is one possible way Yorushika is testing the waters outside Japan, and showing support to them may increase the possibility of them performing in Korea or other countries! I mean YOASOBI did already! But then this is enough for the moment, as foreign fans of them, and as I said to them in my letter, we will just continue to hope to see them in the future, even with their faces hidden by the mysterious darkness.

[Naver Map] Goseumdochi Tiramisu 서울 마포구 희우정로5길 29 

댓글목록

There are no registered comments.