International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

Coping with stress during the COVID-19 pandemic

"The situation may be overwhelming, but coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger."

Recorded by PHAN THI BICH HONG

2021-06-14

Script

Good evening, everybody. We are in the third year of the COVID-19 pandemic which has a major effect on our lives. We have been living and getting familiar with social distancing for a long time, but being isolated and lonely can increase stress and anxiety. Sometimes, everything can be really stressful and overwhelming. I think it is necessary to learn how to cope with stress in a healthy way. Besides preventing our body from being infected, I think we also should take care of our mental health. Here are some ways I learnt from the CDC. Firstly, we should take breaks from getting so many news stories. It's good to be kept up to date, but hearing about the pandemic constantly can be upsetting. You can consider limiting news and decide what information you should get. Secondly, we should take care of our body. There are many ways to do that, like: take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate; try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals; exercise regularly; get plenty of sleep; and avoid excessive alcohol or cigarette. Thirdly, you can make time to unwind by trying to do other activities that you enjoy like climbing, or reading. Finally, it is also good to share your concerns and feelings with the people you trust. You can make an audio or video call to your friends, or your family. Talk to them and let them know how you are, even though they cannot help you right away, you know that they will always be there for you, and that somehow can make you feel better. No one knows for sure when the pandemic will be ended. It can be really hard, but I do believe that we are strong enough to get over it. Wish for the best. Reference: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 14.

검색