International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

World Environment Day - Connect with the planet

World Environment Day - Connect with the planet

Recorded by Sajitha Lakmali

Script

World Environment Day - Connect with the planet Hi Everyone, Welcome to "Sustainable Living Conversations," the podcast where we explore inspiring tales of individuals making a difference in the world. I'm your host, and today, in honour of World Environment Day, we have a special episode dedicated to the planet we call home. I'm excited to share a personal story with you, but before we dive in, let's talk about the significance of World Environment Day. World Environment Day, celebrated annually on June 5th, is a global initiative established by the United Nations to raise awareness and take action on pressing environmental issues. It's a day for individuals, communities, and nations to come together and reflect on the state of our planet. Today, I want to share how I personally connected with World Environment Day by planting a single plant and how that simple act can contribute to the bigger picture of environmental conservation. It all started when I became increasingly aware of the challenges our environment faces, from deforestation to climate change and loss of biodiversity. I felt a strong desire to make a positive impact, even if it was on a small scale. I decided to start by planting a tree in my tiny space. Trees and plants absorb carbon dioxide, release oxygen, prevent soil erosion, and provide shade and shelter for various organisms. They are a symbol of life and hope, I realized that this small act of planting a single plant was a tangible contribution to the restoration of our planet. It was my way of participating in the collective effort to combat climate change and protect our environment. I've come to appreciate the profound significance of even the smallest actions. Planting one tree may not solve all our environmental challenges, but it serves as a powerful reminder that each individual effort counts. Today, on World Environment Day, I encourage all of you to listen to find your own way to connect with the planet. It could be planting a tree like I did, participating in a community clean-up, supporting local sustainable businesses, or advocating for environmental policies. The possibilities are endless. Remember, the choices we make as individuals can shape the world we live in. By collectively working towards a more sustainable future, we can create a lasting impact on our environment, preserving it for generations to come. Thank you for joining me on this episode of "Sustainable Stories." I hope my personal experience inspired you to take action and celebrate World Environment Day in your own unique way. Stay tuned for more episodes where we'll continue to explore stories of individuals who are making a positive difference for our planet. Until then, remember that every action, no matter how small, matters. Happy World Environment Day!

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 4.

검색