International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

Mountain climbing to “Geumbeongsan Mountain”

Mountain climbing to “Geumbeongsan Mountain”

Hello everyone!

I want to share with you how I spent my weekend. As mental health is affected by many positive actions, healing, and meditation are best habits, especially doing along with the experience of nature. Korea has endowed me to cherish my life with my favorite activity, I am a nature-loving man. Every moment I encounter activities tied to organic and natural settings, that's when I feel joyful about the wind, the forestry structure of natural habitats, and the reflections of trees on the surface of the hill. 

Simultaneously, challenging myself with endurance, persistence, and strength, I enjoyed hiking to one of the high-altitude landscapes of Chuncheon, Geumbyeongsan Mountain. It is found in the southern part of the city, some 9 km away from Chuncheon City, the capital of Ganagwon. It has an elevation of about 600 meters above sea level as I learned from my fellow Korean trekker.

An invitation for a group hike came to me from the IVF chuncheon. It was evident to climb with a group of five folks, two from India and two from Korea. We experienced the walk up to the tip of the mountain full of endurance, while cheering each other in the middle, enjoying the sudden encounter of seasonal fruit, and mulberries, and having a rest under the pine trees, after an hour and 30 minutes of the hike we could reach to the tower of the mountain and saw the spectacular overview of Chuncheon city's scenery. 

Of course, the weather was a bit strong, with a scorching sun of temperature 35-degree centigrade, thanks to our Korean folk trekker told us in advance to bring some items such as a towel and water; the towel was helpful for the effects of high altitude, and temperature to whip the sweat on our face. It is so vital to wear safe hiking footwear, and a backpack with other essential personal use for hiking.

Our hike culminated with scheduling a walk up the higher altitude mountain of Chuncheon, called “Daesongri”.

Peace out!!

Recorded by Merhawi

20-06-2023

Script

Hello everyone! I want to share with you how I spent my weekend. As mental health is affected by many positive actions, healing, and meditation are best habits, especially doing along with the experience of nature. Korea has endowed me to cherish my life with my favorite activity, I am a nature-loving man. Every moment I encounter activities tied to organic and natural settings, that's when I feel joyful about the wind, the forestry structure of natural habitats, and the reflections of trees on the surface of the hill. Simultaneously, challenging myself with endurance, persistence, and strength, I enjoyed hiking to one of the high-altitude landscapes of Chuncheon, Geumbyeongsan Mountain. It is found in the southern part of the city, some 9 km away from Chuncheon City, the capital of Ganagwon. It has an elevation of about 600 meters above sea level as I learned from my fellow Korean trekker. An invitation for a group hike came to me from the IVF chuncheon. It was evident to climb with a group of five folks, two from India and two from Korea. We experienced the walk up to the tip of the mountain full of endurance, while cheering each other in the middle, enjoying the sudden encounter of seasonal fruit, and mulberries, and having a rest under the pine trees, after an hour and 30 minutes of the hike we could reach to the tower of the mountain and saw the spectacular overview of Chuncheon city’s scenery. Of course, the weather was a bit strong, with a scorching sun of temperature 35-degree centigrade, thanks to our Korean folk trekker told us in advance to bring some items such as a towel and water; the towel was helpful for the effects of high altitude, and temperature to whip the sweat on our face. It is so vital to wear safe hiking footwear, and a backpack with other essential personal use for hiking. Our hike culminated with scheduling a walk up the higher altitude mountain of Chuncheon, called “Daesongri”. Peace out!!

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 3.

검색