International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

Stubborn Infection

Recorded by Sajitha Lakmali

Script

Hello, everyone! Today, I'd like to share a personal story from my time in Chuncheon, South Korea. A few weeks ago, I had an experience that I believe many of us can relate to an insect injury that took an unexpected turn. I felt a sharp sting on the palm of my hand while perusing the countryside. It was revealed to be an insect wound. This wouldn't normally be cause for concern, but it led to a particularly stubborn infection this time. My difficulty in communicating my situation in a foreign language posed a unique obstacle. Though they were increasing, my Korean language skills were still limited. I decided to visit a local pharmacy, and while the pharmacist was friendly and helpful, they suggested I see a doctor because I was exhibiting signs of infection. The expat community performed a crucial role in locating the appropriate assistance. They directed me to a bilingual clinic where a doctor not only treated my infection but also gave me invaluable advice on how to avoid future incidents. One of the most important lessons to be learned from this experience is the significance of prompt cleansing and disinfection of any insect bites or wounds. The risk of infection can be significantly reduced by washing the affected area with soap and warm water and then administering an antiseptic. During outdoor activities, we can all take preventative measures against insect bites by using insect repellent and donning protective clothing. Moreover, if you observe any indicators of infection, it is imperative that you seek medical attention immediately. These suggestions are for anyone living or travelling in regions where insect bites are common, not just ex-pats. I hope that sharing this experience and these insights with you all will be beneficial. Always remember that remaining informed and prepared is essential, regardless of where you are in the world. Next time, there will be another episode. Stay secure and responsible while exploring.

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 3.

검색