International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

My working day in the snowy winter.

Kangwon National University

Recorded by Doan Thi Diu

2021-10-31

Script

In the winter, my day will start at around 7 am. After waking up and doing personal hygiene, I have breakfast to recharge for a new day. I always treat my breakfast as a main meal, so I eat a lot in the morning. The food that I choose for breakfast includes noodles, bread, rice. I often make myself a box of shrimp paste or sesame salt for breakfast because I don't want to spend a lot of time cooking in the morning. My classes normally start at 9 am so after having breakfast I get dressed and go to my university. My professors are very strict. If we are late, we won't be able to go to class. Therefore, I always go 30 minutes early every day even though my house is only about 15 minutes' walk from the campus. Although during the Covid-19 pandemic, many classes are taught online, my classes are language classes with only around 10 students, so we can still have offline classes. It is very cold in winter, especially when the snow melts, the road is very slippery and dirty. But in the classroom, the heating system is very good, so when I come to class, it is very warm. My classes usually end at around 1 pm. Then I have lunch at the canteen. Honestly, I'm still not familiar with Korean food, so I just try to eat to have the energy to work in the afternoon. After eating, at around 2 pm, I often drop by the library to study. I will do the homework from the morning classes and prepare for the next day. At 4 pm I leave my campus to work part-time at a restaurant. I arrive at the restaurant at about 5 o'clock. My job is to wash dishes and clean up in the kitchen. I only work 4 days a week, about 3-4 hours a day. After finishing my work at around 9 pm, I take the bus home. Sometimes, I miss the bus and I need to wait for 30 minutes more to catch the next bus. I arrive home at around 10 pm. I take a shower, have a light dinner, and call my family before going to bed. On non-working days, I come home earlier, cook more carefully. My daily life repeats like that. Sometimes I feel very lonely, especially on cold days and I must walk home because I can't catch the bus. But after all, I have matured every day. Thank you!

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 12.

검색