International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

Having multicultural friends in one's life

Having multicultural friends in one's life 

Recorded By : Sajitha Lakmali 

Recorded by Sajitha Lakmali

Script

Hello everyone, This is my first podcast about the benefits of having multicultural friends in one's life. Because life is too short, we must cherish and learn from each passing moment. According to the German philosopher Karl Marx, "unexamined human life has no value. That meant all our activities and processes were pretested in various contexts. Friendship is another valuable human bond. These days, I am experiencing vivid cultural customs and norms during my academic journey. In South Korea, I made good friends from South Korea, Nigeria, the Philippines, Ireland, Ethiopia, and India. These life experiences are extremely valuable in learning how different cultures behave, as well as their food culture and various entertainment aspects. But what I want to say is that differences are beautiful, and we have to respect each and every culture. But honestly, I feel something different in my mind. We are all human beings who live different lives. But I believe our feelings are the same as those of humans. Sometimes we are getting angry, other times we are getting happy, and the next minute we are going to be sad. The feelings are the same, but as a different culture, our responses are a little bit different according to our cultural context. I'm experiencing it at Hallym University. Living in a multicultural environment makes me happy. During my childhood, I always tried to deal with various kinds of people in different situations in my life. As I begin my PhD academic journey, these cultural harmonies and multicultural experiences will be very unique for me. Thank you to all my friends who came from different cultures; we all work together and grow together as the same human beings in our academic journey. I will meet you in my next podcast with a novel topic that you really love to listen to. I'll see you on the next pod. Have a nice week.

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 1.

검색