International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

Cardboard Boxes

“Boxsu Jusseyo.” That is what I always say to the cashier of a department store whenever I buy a lot of things. Often, I am pointing to a distant cardboard box lying in one corner of the store. It is my way of saving money, not using plastic, and giving a discarded thing another chance to be used. Of course, I can just bring my bag (eco bag) for the same use, but I confess that I forget most of the time to bring them. And you know how, if you use such bags for heavy stuff for several times, they really break more easily—and if you break yours every now and then and you buy them more frequently during such cases they are no longer repairable, I think it defeats the purpose of using them in the first place.

Aside from the aforementioned reasons, cardboard absorbs more impact than other bags, especially on its bottom part--just in case you dropped or bumped it against something--so your stuff is safer within such material. But on the other hand, in case of bigger boxes, you need to use both of your hands to carry it, even if the stuff inside is light enough to be lifted by one hand. For bag, you only need one. In any case, this is just another suggestion from me. It is up to you what you think is better. Also, a quick reminder: I know some of you may be wearing jackets, especially during colder days or season, in such case, please make sure that if you are carrying a box by using two hands, the jacket you are wearing has a durable fabric especially in the sleeves, and not made of leather. I tried carrying a box while wearing my varsity jacket and ended up damaging it because of the constant rubbing of the box against my sleeves. So I learned the hard way. (Laughs.) 

So that’s it. You can also think of other things to make sure that the stuff that you are using to carry your groceries or other stuff, will last long or not be another threat to our environment. So… Let’s keep taking care of our health, and the health also of others, and the planet that we live in. Thank you for listening. And see you next time. I really hope you have a good day ahead of you. And as always, once again, thank you.

Recorded by Jess

March 30, 2023

Script

“Boxsu Jusseyo.” That is what I always say to the cashier of a department store whenever I buy a lot of things. Often, I am pointing to a distant cardboard box lying in one corner of the store. It is my way of saving money, not using plastic, and giving a discarded thing another chance to be used. Of course, I can just bring my bag (eco bag) for the same use, but I confess that I forget most of the time to bring them. And you know how, if you use such bags for heavy stuff for several times, they really break more easily—and if you break yours every now and then and you buy them more frequently during such cases they are no longer repairable, I think it defeats the purpose of using them in the first place. Aside from the aforementioned reasons, cardboard absorbs more impact than other bags, especially on its bottom part--just in case you dropped or bumped it against something--so your stuff is safer within such material. But on the other hand, in case of bigger boxes, you need to use both of your hands to carry it, even if the stuff inside is light enough to be lifted by one hand. For bag, you only need one. In any case, this is just another suggestion from me. It is up to you what you think is better. Also, a quick reminder: I know some of you may be wearing jackets, especially during colder days or season, in such case, please make sure that if you are carrying a box by using two hands, the jacket you are wearing has a durable fabric especially in the sleeves, and not made of leather. I tried carrying a box while wearing my varsity jacket and ended up damaging it because of the constant rubbing of the box against my sleeves. So I learned the hard way. (Laughs.) So that’s it. You can also think of other things to make sure that the stuff that you are using to carry your groceries or other stuff, will last long or not be another threat to our environment. So… Let’s keep taking care of our health, and the health also of others, and the planet that we live in. Thank you for listening. And see you next time. I really hope you have a good day ahead of you. And as always, once again, thank you.

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 1.

검색