International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

Chasing Dreams and Embracing Change

0eb11db911f98eb5595dc5927adeb0b3_1680268764_9893.jpg

Recorded by EUNICE

MARCH. 31. 2023

Script

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my first podcast! Today's topic is “Chasing Dreams and Embracing Change” Studying abroad can be an exciting experience, but it can also be challenging to adapt to a new culture and environment. So, let's discuss some tips that can help students studying in South Korea make it feel like their second home. The first tip is to make connections with people. Building relationships with other students and locals can help create a support network and make the transition to a new country smoother. Joining clubs and extracurricular activities can be a great way to meet new people who share similar interests. The second tip is to explore the local culture. South Korea has a rich history and culture, and taking the time to learn about it can help students feel more connected to the country. Trying new foods, attending cultural events and festivals, and exploring local landmarks and attractions can help create a sense of belonging. Another important tip is to stay connected with family and friends back home. Keeping in touch with loved ones can provide emotional support and help alleviate feelings of homesickness. Technology such as video calls, messaging apps, and social media can make staying in touch easier. It's also essential to take care of oneself. Prioritizing mental and physical health can help students feel more comfortable and confident in their new environment. Eating a balanced diet, staying active, and getting enough sleep can make a big difference in adjusting to a new place. Finally, creating a routine can also be helpful. Having a schedule and structure can provide a sense of familiarity and help ease the transition to a new place. This can include setting a regular study schedule, finding a favorite local café, or even taking a walk around the neighborhood at a specific time each day. "The best way to make a foreign country feel like home is to immerse yourself in the culture and embrace the differences." Thanks for listening to my podcast, I hope you found it helpful.

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 6.

검색