International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

It’s an exciting day!

Recorded by Supuni Dayasheela

Script

Hello friends! Here is my first podcast for you, and I am going to share with you about a really exciting day of my life in Korea. As I said several times in my story and community posts, I was in love with Korean cuisine, K Dramas, and Korean culture when I was in my country. But when anyone is away from the country of their birth, they feel a sense of anxiety about not being near the land of their birth as well as their families. Since I was the youngest in my family and was always close to my mother, no matter how old I was, I felt the lack of my family very much. Also, while eating Korean food, there was sadness in the corner of my heart for not being able to eat like in my country. One thing that needs to be said is that no matter how much I love Korean food, I could not eat Korean rice. Because Korean rice is much stickier than the rice we eat in Sri Lanka. The reason may be that Koreans eat with chopsticks. During a friendly meeting, I spoke about this with a university professor, and at that moment, he told me there was an Asian food shop in Chuncheon and its location, so on a holiday, I went to find that shop with one of my friends. It was really a surprise. The name of that shop is World Asia Mart. Also, pictures of the national flags of Asian countries could be seen on the shop’s glass walls. And there were some pictures of Asian fruits with it. Even before I entered the shop, I felt an overflow of happiness in my heart. It felt like returning to my native country after living abroad for years. In that shop, there were not only rice and grains but also vegetables, spices, snacks, and a lot of Sri Lankan food, as well as perfumes and soaps. So we took a few things we thought we needed and tasted some Korean nasiguran rice that is not as sticky as normal rice and came to the shelter. We prepared and did eat Sri Lankan food that evening. So, if any of you want to buy Asian food or something, you can go to this store in Chuncheon. Have a great day and see you again on my next podcast!

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 6.

검색