International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Podcast

페이지 정보

본문

How I celebrate “Earth Day” in Chuncheon, “Bongui” mountain

How I celebrate “Earth Day” in Chuncheon, “Bongui” mountain

Hello everyone!

Let me share some talks with you on Earth Day. Earth Day is marked on the 22nd of April, aiming at inspiring various actors including me and you to stand for accountability, for the wellbeing of our environment, that is by dialogue and resource exchange to curb the problems posed to our ecology. 

“Earthday is an annual event in April to demonstrate support for environmental protection. The first one was held on April 22, 1970, it now includes a range of events coordinated globally by EARTHDAY.ORG including 1 billion people in more than 193 countries. The official theme for 2023 is Invest In Our Planet.” Earth Day. (April 23, 2023)

Well, since it's our responsibility to engage in activities that are from awareness creation to actual environmental protection tasks, such as campaigning and voluntary plogging activities. Thus, my friend from China and I decided to hike for three purposes, to entertain ourselves by enjoying the natural scenery, to keep our health in good condition or exercise by jogging, particularly for our cardiovascular health, and to put our footprint to keep our surroundings ecology safe.

We communicated using social media, discussed, and arranged a schedule then met up for the hike. It was an absolute healing time. On the other side, socialization can take place with fellow international students and share the practices of natural resource protection. We went to Myeongdong, and bought two rubbish grabbers or tongs and a plastic bag, then headed to hike the sloppy Bongui mountain found right at the top of Hallym University. We tried to pick up some rubbish that can harm the natural vegetation while breathing the nice spring weather, listening to a song, and chatting about our environment.

Thus, my fellow mate from China shared his experience in plogging back home that, every university student in China must participate in and commit to voluntary activities such as plogging. There is a similar experience in my country where there is a plogging voluntary association, which is founded by a psychology professor at Addis Ababa University, so he and his children and members his take part in plogging while hiking to the mountain called “Entoto”. Thus such activities can be initiated by campaigning for the practices of natural resource protection.

I shared pictures of our day spent hiking and plogging, marking World Earth Day.  

Have a refreshing spring week!!

Source: Earth Day. (April 23, 2023). In Wikipedia . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day .

Recorded by Merhawi

24-04-2023

Script

How I celebrate “Earth Day” in Chuncheon, “Bongui” mountain Hello everyone! Let me share some talks with you on Earth Day. Earth Day is marked on the 22nd of April, aiming at inspiring various actors including me and you to stand for accountability, for the wellbeing of our environment, that is by dialogue and resource exchange to curb the problems posed to our ecology. “Earthday is an annual event in April to demonstrate support for environmental protection. The first one was held on April 22, 1970, it now includes a range of events coordinated globally by EARTHDAY.ORG including 1 billion people in more than 193 countries. The official theme for 2023 is Invest In Our Planet.” Earth Day. (2023, April 23) Well, since it’s our responsibility to engage in activities that are from awareness creation to actual environmental protection tasks, such as campaigning and voluntary plogging activities. Thus, my friend from China and I decided to hike for three purposes, to entertain ourselves by enjoying the natural scenery, two to keep our health in good condition or exercise by jogging, particularly for our cardiovascular health, and third to put our footprint to keep our surrounding ecology safe. We communicated using social media, discussed, and arranged a schedule then met up for the hike. It was an absolute healing time. On the other side, socialization can take place with fellow international students and share the practices of natural resource protection. We went to Myeongdong, and bought two rubbish grabbers or tongs and a plastic bag, then headed to hike the sloppy Bongui mountain found right at the top of Hallym University. We tried to pick up some rubbish that can harm the natural vegetation while breathing the nice spring weather, listening to a song, and chatting about our environment. a Thus, my fellow mate from China shared his experience in plogging back home that, every university student in China must participate in and commit to voluntary activities such as plogging. There is a similar experience in my country where there is a plogging voluntary association, which is founded by a psychology professor at Addis Ababa University, so he and his children and members take part in plogging while hiking to the mountain called “Entoto”. Thus such activities can be initiated by campaigning for the practices of natural resource protection. I shared pictures of our day spent hiking and plogging, marking World Earth Day. Have a refreshing spring week!! Source: Earth Day. (2023, April 23). In Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day.

첨부파일

Total 84 cases, page 5.

검색