International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Your StoriesFind the button on the right corner to write your stories

Travelling from India to South Korea during Pandemic

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Sudarshini Nath
댓글 0 Comments 조회 864 Views 작성일 21-06-11 15:04

본문

This is Sudarshini from India. I had started my journey to Korea on 17th of February 2021 from India via Dubai. Travelling during a pandemic was scary as the passengers in the last flight which arrived south Korea had many positive cases. So, even if I was scared I had to take the risk as my classes were starting from 4th March 2021. I decided to travel via Dubai as that was the only route possible during the pandemic. As I reached Incheon airport on 19th of February, to complete the immigration process and to get the Covid-19 test report it took around 4 hours to complete. But the airport authorities were helpful enough to help me reach my room safely. On 20th early morning, the university sent me a bus along with other students from my university who arrived Korea, to start the testing in nearby covid testing centre. After I was tested negative, there is a mandatory rule of 14 days quarantine and each day I need to check and send my temperature for 2 times in a day in self quarantine application. Thankfully my professors Lee Sang Soo and Ashish Ranjan Sharma provided me with food, accommodation, utensils for 14 days. So for 14 days I didn't have any trouble to live in my room.

After completing my 14 days of quarantine period and getting a negative covid 19 report, I had finally started my classes and exploring the places, bars and restaurants. But unfortunately due to covid, most places were closed early so most of the time after spending whole day in the university and wanting to relax somewhere is getting difficult these days as time is very limited. Some places close at 8:30-9:00pm.

Last week for the first time, I visited karaoke and enjoyed for sometime with my friends but the next day I came to know that some new positive cases were identified from karaoke so I was bit tensed for a while. This pandemic has created lots of stress and anxiety but we still need to wait to get vaccinated and until then we need to be safe.       

Thank you,

Sudarshini Nath

댓글목록

There are no registered comments.