International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Your StoriesFind the button on the right corner to write your stories

Yellow dust effects on people

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Sudarshini Nath
댓글 0 Comments 조회 911 Views 작성일 21-06-15 11:05

본문

When I arrived in February 2021 to Korea and quarantined for 14 days, during that time I studied the various climate changes in Korea and its effects on people. When I finished my quarantine period, and was exposed to climate, I could observe and feel the yellow dust. Yellow dust when inhaled penetrates directly into the alveoli and increases the possibility of asthma, lung disease and early mortality. Most people take precautions when the dust particles increases. Yellow dust originated from the dry deserts of China and Mongolia, that is carried by the strong winds when the atmospheric pressure is low. When it increases, people cover their mouth, wear full sleeves shirts, wash hands and feet often, brush teeth more often and use moisturizer after getting exposed to the dust. I started following it too as my skin was getting itchy after getting contact with the dust. At first it was really difficult for me as I am allergic to dust but sudden exposure to it was really worse for my health condition. But one thing is good that we are notified in our mobile phones regarding the increase in yellow dust such as 400 micrograms/cubic meter, then it is better to reduce outdoor activities that day. Also, food stores and market places are sometimes forced to closed.

Many people have been effected by yellow dust till now. Everyone is trying really hard by planting more trees and containing it but we need to be careful and take the necessary precautions when the yellow dust increases.

Thank you, 

Sudarshini Nath

댓글목록

There are no registered comments.