International Community for National Disasters Korean Expat Community for National Disasters

Your StoriesFind the button on the right corner to write your stories

Road Newspaper culture in South Korea

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Sajitha
댓글 0 Comments 조회 541 Views 작성일 23-03-25 16:28

본문

By Sajitha Lakmali

f123c96278e3830ebfcb3f126c296ba6_1679728957_1094.jpg

Hello Everyone, 

I am willing to share this information with you because this information dissemination system is very interesting to me. Today I met one of my Korean friends who studies at Kanwango University in Chuncheon. When we were walking on the road, I asked him why these newspapers were kept on the road. He looks at me and says, "Oh, yeah. People usually read this newspaper while waiting for a taxi or a bus. But now this does not work. I asked him why it doesn't work now, and he replied that today people are a little bit busier with their work and do not have enough time to read this stuff. And especially, they are using their mobile phones to get information around the world. But I said I saw so many places that still keep newspapers in this roadside cabin. I've seen some elderly people take these newspapers and keep them with them. I am an eyewitness to this information cultivation system. In my country, no free newspapers are available to the general public. If you need to read the information, you can pay for it and keep it with you. I am not willing to talk about new media or social media. However, I believe that paper is the first and last type of media to reach the world. But the thing is, today's newspaper is tomorrow's waste paper. In my country, vendors collect these waste papers for a little price for their supplementary works. Everyone in South Korea has free access to this newspaper. I believe information overload is not a major issue in South Korea. They give lots of supplies for the information system, and people know how to be careful. This is the information culture that we need to embrace. South Korea started this culture on the road, but many other countries are seeking solutions for information overload. The solution is on the road... Information overload is one of the world's slogans.

댓글목록

There are no registered comments.